Monday, February 8, 2016

life lately

Yes, I know. It's been a really long time since I last posted. I'm awful.

But I'll let you in on a little secret. It's actually a big-ish secret. Almost 100k words of a secret.

In the time since I last posted, I wrote the rough draft of a novel. (!)

Every time I considered writing a blog post, I instead decided to channel my writing into my book. I actually busted the whole thing out from mid-September to mid-November and have since been working on revision, so yeah. I've been busy with it.

This is not my first novel, but it's definitely the best one I've done so far... which hopefully means any future novels I write will continue to see me improve my craft.

My dream is to have this (or any) novel traditionally published, so we'll see how that goes.

For now, at least, you have my excuses for why I've been a little MIA here on the blog.

And, for updates, here are a few highlights of what has been going on with us over the last few months:

Baby Boy started walking!

He dressed up as the old man from UP for Halloween, and I basically died of the cuteness.

He turned ONE and I was pretty dang proud of the smash cakes and matching cupcakes I made for his birthday party!

We spent Christmas celebrating my brother's wedding and stuffing our faces with far too many treats.

Currently counting the days until spring. Thank goodness that groundhog didn't see his shadow or I'd probably cry right about now. :)

And that's about it!

Hopefully I'll post more often than once every six months, but at this point, I'm keeping my book higher on my priorities list than the blog, so don't be too surprised if you don't see me around here as often.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!