Thursday, May 7, 2015

picky eaters and #chobanikids


When I was a kid, I had some pretty wacky ideas about food. These were my philosophies as a 7-year-old:

1Everything should be eaten with ketchup. Especially cucumbers.
2Pizza should have cheese on it and NOTHING else. Not even sauce.
3We should all just eat my mom's chicken pot pie for the rest of our lives. (I still kind of believe that, though... my mom's chicken pot pie is that good.)
4Baloney. All day long. (Also: Bologna or Baloney? I got a bachelor's degree in editing and grammar and I still am not quite sure about the answer to that one...)
5If Mom wants you to eat it, you should probably not eat it.

As you can see, I was a pretty typical kid. Picky. I know some kids are pickier than others, but I don't know a kid that hasn't turned up his nose at a new food just because it's new.

My mom fought a lot of battles with me and my siblings--getting us to eat healthy foods was definitely a big one. However, one thing she did figure out with us was that if she froze the yogurt sticks, we'd eat about a million of them. We went crazy for yogurt.

That's why I'm super excited about the fact that Chobani has launched a new line of yogurts for kids! INCLUDING.... (drum roll)... squeezable yogurts!



I ran over to Walmart and picked up some Chobani Kids yogurt pouches and then a whole box of the squeezy-tube ones (which I promptly threw in the freezer because... yeah. I'm still kind of a kid, let's be real).



My baby is 6 months old, so not quite old enough to start eating these juuuuust yet, but let me tell you, as soon as he can, he's going to be eating Chobani Kids for sure! Here's why:

1Deliciosity. That is a word, I've decided, and it describes these products perfectly. I've practically eaten the whole box in less than 12 hours and I'm not even exaggerating. Also, there are so many flavors to choose from--you're practically guaranteed to find something for even the pickiest eater (check out the different flavors here).
2No mess. I'm telling you, Chobani made a brilliant move with this one by putting the yogurt in pouches and tubes. No spoons, no spilling, no mess. And the pouches are great because you can put the lid back on and toss it in the fridge to finish later. What mom wouldn't love that?!
3Healthy. Just check out the nutrition facts at their website! No preservatives, no gluten, natural sweeteners, and lots of protein... how can you get better than that? I even looked at the nutrition facts and was able to pronounce every ingredient! If that doesn't get a momma excited, I don't know what will.
4Kid-friendly packaging. I mean, with cute drawings and even Spiderman on them, how could a kid not want to eat Chobani?



But I think what has me most excited right now is that I've discovered Chobani Tots. That's right, Chobani has a line of products for babies and toddlers! And now that my little munchkin is getting old enough to eat foods other than breastmilk, I am practically chomping at the bit to go out and buy him some greek yogurt! The baby products come in pouches just perfect for little ones and have flavors like mango & spinach and banana & pumpkin. I'm looking forward to packing up these pouches for Bug when we head out on our many beach outings this summer. :)

Have you tried Chobani Kids products? What do you love about them? Have you tried freezing the tubes? I can't get enough of it!

Also, make sure you're following my twitter, pinterest, facebook, and instagram for more info on baby products like this in the future!

3 comments:

  1. So I have a number of my family members who are trying to eat organic. I assume that 'only natural ingredients' means that nothing artificial is in them, but not necessarily grown organically. Enjoy your childhood memory. :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what the specific criteria is for your family members for eating organic, but according to the Chobani Kids site, these products:
      Contain only non-GMO, natural ingredients without any artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives
      Are made with milk from cows not treated with hormones like rBST
      And are gluten free, kosher certified, and vegetarian friendly.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. It does help Jessica. Non-GMO, and milk from cows not treated with hormones like rBST made it a winner. :) Thanks

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!