Tuesday, April 28, 2015

20 random things

1I seriously need to repaint my toenails. The last time they were painted was when I went with my sisters-in-law to get pedicures at Christmastime. So yes, it's more like the tips of my toes are pink and the rest of my toenails are bare. Not cute.
2I lurk the community posts on my myfitnesspal app for fun. Usually as I eat oreos or spoonfuls of peanut butter. I recognize the irony in this, and I am still not ashamed.
3I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually done my hair since my baby was born (ponytails and messy buns don't count).
4When I'm on a diet, I spend a ridiculous amount of time on Pinterest looking at desserts. It's not really a mystery why I can't ever stick to my diets for longer than five days.
5I can't look to the left. It's true. The muscles on the left side of my left eye are weak from surgeries and things from when I was little. So if you're sitting to my left when we're having a conversation, I'm sorry. Now you know why eye contact is not something that's happening.
6I can go through a pack of gum in a day. It drives my husband nuts.
7Even though I know my baby isn't old enough yet to know what he means when he says "mama" all day, I still get stupidly excited every time he says it.
8My favorite ice cream is vanilla ice cream smothered in peanut butter sauce. Holy heaven, that stuff is amazing.
9When I was younger, I used to dip veggies in ketchup (i.e. cucumbers, carrots, etc). I still am not entirely sure why I stopped doing that, but whatever the reason, it was probably a wise choice.
10I hate talking on the phone. So much so that if I have to call someone, I usually try to trick my husband into doing it for me.
11I have probably only read one or two books since graduating from college two years ago. I do still love reading, but as an English major I had to read so stinking much in college... and I had to read so many books I didn't enjoy... I got burnt out in a big way. Now I get exhausted just thinking about reading a book and take a nap instead.
12On that same token, I am pretty sure I am the only English major ever to not like Jane Austen books. I'm sorry, but I can't pretend anymore.
13I own five pairs of shoes. Two pairs of flats for church, one pair of regular everyday shoes, one pair of tennis shoes, and one pair of flip-flops. It's not that I don't love shoes--I do. I get super envious of friends who have a pair of shoes to match every outfit they own. My problem is that I can't get over how expensive shoes are. They are seriously overpriced.
14I refuse to try cookie butter because of how bad my love for peanut butter is. I just don't need another delicious spread that is impossible to control myself around.
15I don't actually really like breastfeeding. I do it anyway, though, because I have the supply and the ability and I know how beneficial it is for both baby and mother. But I look forward to his first birthday when I can be done with it.
16Along with that, I also am ridiculously paranoid about losing my milk supply. I know that I should just chill out about it and that I'm probably only aggravating the issue by worrying, but I can't help it. Every single feeding I worry that he didn't get enough to eat. And just look at my chunky Michelin Man baby. I know I'm being ridiculous.
17It's painful for me to watch musicals because I want to be in one so bad. Like actual, physical pain in my heart. Maybe one day soon we'll work it out so I can do one.
18I'm super indecisive about my favorite color. For some reason I get worked up about it. "Purple! No, wait! Yellow! No... no, no... Green! No..."
19I hate being cold more than almost anything else in the world.
20I hate public restrooms and would almost rather go on the side of the road during a road trip than use a gas station toilet. Yuck.

There you have it. 20 completely pointless things about me. Anybody relate to any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!