Monday, August 26, 2013

why the lady at my church probably thinks i'm a creeper

I have a confession to make. I really like babies. But I don't want my posting this story to set you all off on an oh-my-gosh-you-are-so-baby-hungry-when-are-you-having-a-baby-are-you-pregnant-wow-you-need-serious-help rampage.Yes, I am excited to be a mom. Someday in the future. Not today. Not tomorrow. I got married 3 months ago. So... not having a baby yet. Sorry.

But you really don't understand how much I love babies. I can't get over how ridiculously cute they are. Sometimes when I see a really REALLY cute baby, my heart kind of hurts. That's how much I love them.

So once upon a time, Husband and I were sitting at church in a row in front of this lady who legitimately had the CUTEST baby I had ever seen. He had chubby cheeks and big blue eyes and he kept making all these little gurgly baby noises. I just couldn't help myself. I had to look at him every three minutes to see if he was doing any more cute things. (Which, by the way, he was. Every time I looked. Gah, he was so cute.)

Then we went to our Sunday school class and, obviously, I went over and sat by the same lady. Because, well, DUH. Her baby was setting my cute-baby-alert into overdrive and I couldn't help it.

So I chatted with her for a bit before Sunday school started, and that was that. Her baby fell asleep (really cute-ly, by the way). But it's not like I was watching him or anything.

After about thirty minutes or so, he woke up and started to fuss, so she took him out. I was a little bit sad, but I understood. Babies fuss.

I had to leave Sunday school a bit early to meet up with Husband to go attend another congregation's meeting, so I left shortly after that lady with the baby did.

I decided to stop into the bathroom on my way to find Husband so I could fix my skirt. It just so happened that the lady was nursing her baby in there. I just smiled and gave her her privacy (because despite what you may be thinking at this point, I really am not a creeper), and went to the mirror to fix my skirt.

It wasn't until later that I realized what that lady must think of me. First I kept looking over my shoulder at her baby for an hour, then I sat by her in Sunday School and watched her baby sleep, and then I (accidentally) followed her into the bathroom while she nursed him.

Oh my gosh.

I was so embarrassed I almost didn't want to show my face at church again the next week.

Dear lady with the adorable baby,
I'm not a creeper. You just have a cute baby. And I wasn't stalking you or him when I went into the bathroom. The fact that you were in there was a coincidence. I swear.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Lol!! You are too funny!! I'm sure she didn't think anything of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I feel like this is me sometimes!! I love babies, they are sooo stinkin cute!! sometimes I do the same thing, stare crazy hard, and I know the people think im cray but I adore their babies haha!

    carisa
    Bunnies and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!