Thursday, January 24, 2013

why i said yes

I said yes because of the time when I said I wasn't sure I wanted to date you, and you said that was okay. And then you talked to me for two hours afterwards. You looked at stars with me. And we played on the swings. You asked if you could hold my hand on the way home.

I said yes because you built a blanket fort in my living room with me and frosted cookie versions of us with frosting that dyed our teeth blue. You shared sparkling cider with me in that fort and made me laugh so hard I cried.

I said yes because I told you my dark secrets, and you loved me more.



I said yes because of the time I called you up in tears saying I missed you and I needed you and I couldn't do this anymore, and you listened and loved me and cried with me.

I said yes because you gave me the giant teddy bear I'd been coveting for years. YEARS.

I said yes because you promised we could have a rollercoaster in our backyard if we got married. And I LOVE rollercoasters.

I said yes because when I cried, you were there to hold me. When I was afraid, you made it all go away.

I said yes because you're the best kisser in the entire world.



I said yes because you protect me from the zombies.

I said yes because you get into "Roses are red, violets are blue" poetry wars with me.

I said yes because of the way my heart broke when you were sick.

I said yes because when one man told me to imagine eternity, the only thing I thought of was you.

I said yes because nobody is as weird as I am like you are.

I said yes because you make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

I said yes because you are the best person I've ever known.



I said yes because I want you. All of you. For forever.

Is it May 4th yet?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. :) Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet. Saying Yes is seriously the best thing. By the way, I love your Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - so sweet! So happy for you! May 4th will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love your blog!

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come check it out!

    http://discoveringjanae.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! This is the cutest post. Isn't love just the BEST feeling?! I am so happy for you. My anniversary w/ Brandon is in May, as well. But anyway, I was looking at my sponsors sidebar and realized we hadn't been in contact in a long time, so I really wanted to stop by and say hello. I read your blog often but have been so busy looking for a job that I am bad at commenting. Sorry! I will try to be better at it. Happy Valentine's Day!

    xo,
    Brani Laine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!