Friday, December 7, 2012

sometimes love takes you by surprise




We met on a date. But we weren't with each other. I was with his roommate, and he was with his girlfriend at the time. How convenient. :)


We became good friends. The thought of dating him never even crossed my mind. He already had a girlfriend, and he was shorter than me (or so I thought).

After a few months, his relationship with the other girl ended. I told him I was sorry. We stayed friends.

A few months later and a few failed attempts at setting me up with some of his friends (ha ha), he finally asked me out. But just as friends, he assured me. So I said yes.

And the whirlwind began.


A few awesome dates later, I found myself in front of the mirror.

"You like him, don't you?" I was saying to my reflection. "What the crap, Jessica? Where did this come from?"

But even as I scolded myself for suddenly having feelings for a guy I'd been convinced would only ever be a friend, I couldn't wipe the goofy grin from my face.

I set my jaw. "I'm going to do this."

So I did.


Turns out, he was taller than me. By about half an inch.

And I fell for him. Hard.


It has been an incredible ride so far. He's my absolute best friend in the entire world. I adore him with everything I am.

With him, I laugh every single day. I feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. I can be more myself than I ever had with anyone else.


Sometimes love comes when you least expect it. And sometimes it's better than anything you'd ever imagined.


And then he asked me to marry him.


It has been the craziest ride of my life. I love him more than anything, and I can't wait for eternity.


What a crazy, goofy, silly, sweet, attractive, adorable, wonderful guy.

And guess what, guys?

He's all mine. :)

You can check out the proposal story HERE or read about when I finally realized how much I really loved him HERE.
What's your love story?

13 comments:

  1. I love a good love story. I'm sappy like that. I've been married for over ten years and haven't really thought about when we were first dating. It was a whirlwind for me though! Esther Norine Designs My email is estherdavison@gmail.com, if this shows up as no-reply. I'm trying to fix it but having trouble finding the profile page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! loved reading your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about people's love stories! Soooo cute. Yay for eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Such a cute story. Beautiful ring.

    I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to read more of your story. :)
    Stop by if you feel like it. :)

    ~Kindra
    Trying To Be Who I Am

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was scrolling through your pictures to read and Ollie kept saying "Jess-ee-ca" over and over. Also, he thought the baby sitter last night was you. So that was nice - no freaking out when we left :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, beautiful love story. It's the type of thing I love to read about.

    P.S. I love that chair at Cornbelly's! haha we take pictures every year there.

    I'm excited to be blog friends with you! I'm your newest follower!

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable story! and I love the way you "narrated" it :P you guys make a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower and found you on the GFC Collective. I am SO glad I found your blog! What a sweet story! I already can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darn cute! It was similar to this (but less romantic) for my boyfriend and I, and turns out I was right about mine being shorter than I am! Haha - its like at least 3 inches as well! Glad I found your blog through the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your story. It's so sweet and perfect. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet story! I am a new follower from the GFC collective. I hope you will stop by my blog! I have a huge Christmas giveaway going on right now!:)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This story is sweet! New follower from the GFC collective, can't wait to check your page out a little more :)

    Mandy
    mrandmrshanson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!