Tuesday, December 4, 2012

birthday of epic proportions


It was Fiance's birthday on Saturday, so this past weekend was one full of lots of sugar, lots of balloons, and lots of general awesomeness.

Here are the highlights:

  • Lying to Fiance for the first time. One multiple occasions. But it's okay, because the next one explains the lies.
  • SURPRISE PARTY! (The first one I've ever thrown. And guess what? He was surprised. Score!)
  • Blowing up dozens of balloons. And not even passing out once.
  • Birthday cake! With lots of yummy frosting that dyed our teeth red!
  • Trick candles (courtesy of the awesome Mary Wilson--you rock)! So much for Fiance's wishes coming true... mwahahaha...
  • Ice cream! (Let's be real, it's not a real birthday without ice cream.)
  • Breakfast in bed! (Which meant I got to eat it too. And I love bacon, eggs, and pancakes as much as Fiance does... Maybe more. So really it was more of a present for me. But don't tell Fiance--he still thinks I was doing it for him. ;)
  • Lots and lots of birthday cuddling
  • Date to see Skyfall
  • Tons of popcorn and Dr. Pepper. Yes, we got extra butter on the popcorn. Yes, it was delicious. Yes, you are jealous.
  • Pizza (courtesy of Fiance's mom)
  • Christmas lights
  • Dinner the next day with Fiance's brother and sister-in-law. And holy cow it was yummy.



All in all, a very successful birthday weekend. (I mean, did you notice how much FOOD was involved?)











(Sorry for the blurriness on the photos... I was using my ipod camera...)

Also, in other news, I recently just opened up a facebook page for my blog. I'm still working on getting a button up for my sidebar, but you can check out the page HERE.


Have you ever thrown a surprise party?
How much butter do you like on your popcorn?
Don't you think Fiance's birthday getup is hot?

3 comments:

  1. I threw a surprise party for my husband when we had been married for a year. I felt SO bad for all the lying I had to do! But it was a complete success and he was SO surprised!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this sounds like a ridiculously fun birthday. Are you busy April 3rd?? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a fun birthday! I once tried to throw a surprise party for one of my friends. It actually worked. Normally I am a horrible liar but that one time I lied like a pro. (I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!