Thursday, November 15, 2012

so... it turns out i'm a dummy...

I guess that isn't news to me, but it might be news to most of you. Guess I should have warned you earlier... Woops.

Now you know.

Why am I a dummy today?

Well, I just realized that NONE of you have been getting my replies to your comments because I was going about replying to them all wrong. Do you know how silly I feel right now? (I'll give you a hint: It's a LOT.)

I've been replying to your comments by going to my post, clicking on your comment, and typing in a reply just underneath your comment. Little did I know, that is not how the rest of you have been replying to my comments (you know, the replies that show up all fancy-like in my email inbox? Yeah, I thought I'd been doing that this whole time...)

But today, I figured it all out. And I'm trying to go through and reply to comments via email for the past week. So if you randomly get an email from me about a comment you wrote to me last week... this is why.

If you wrote a comment on my blog longer than a week ago, I'm really sorry. :( Your reply is sitting right under your comment at the bottom of the post where it will probably remain unseen forever because I'm a dummy. :)

And, if you're like me and don't quite understand the whole replying-to-comments thing, you can check out the post I found that taught me what to do at this post on "The Girl Creative."

Also, other news. I have a new blog email that will be loads easier for people to remember/use:

whatsinaname{dot}jessica{at}gmail{dot}com

So if you want to email me (which, let's be real, you SO want to), send it to that email address.


And that, folks, about wraps it up. Sorry about the confusion, sorry for the no-replies so far, and sorry for being a dummy. I'm working on it! :)

You guys are da best.

5 comments:

  1. Uhh I do that too buy only because I was too dumb to figure out how to do it the email way. And figured I was the only one so dumb so I was too embarrassed to ask. So thank you for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I'm a dummy too. you know what they say, great minds... =)

    Stopping by to say "aloha" from An Aloha Affair and to invite you to join us this week. We are now live and are ready to mingle. I can't wait to see what else you've been up to this week.

    Aloha,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't use email to respond to comments, unless it's something personal! i usually stop by their blog, respond to their comment, so they get the stat views AND more comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So replying to comments underneath their comment is wrong? I have been doing this too! How do you reply by email?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still a dummy! I did all of the things the post says. But then I would get the email of someone commenting. Do I just reply to that email? Because my friend said she didn't get my reply to her comment..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!