Friday, November 16, 2012

long-distance is dumb and i hate its guts. ALL of its guts.

Fiance and I don't like being separated. But guess what we've done a lot of during our relationship? Yep. Be separated.


We did the whole long-distance thing over the summer, which was lame (because, holy crap, four months is a LONG time to not be with someone you love)!


Anyway, the last two weeks have been really long and uneventful because Fiance went to live with his mom and dad while he gets better from his mono (yes, it was that bad). But I still have a job and classes and an apartment and life here... so we've been separated yet again. Only for two weeks (but take it from me, when your fiance is sick and has to spend a night in the hospital hundreds of miles away from you and you can't be there to hold his hand or anything, it gets really rough), but we've made it. We're old pros at this long-distance thing. We've got the whole talking-on-the-phone-every-night-for-two-hours-(or-sometimes-four) system DOWN!


But I don't think I've ever in a million years been more excited for Thanksgiving than I am right now.

I get to see Fiance again in TWO DAYS!

I just love that boy. :)

11 comments:

  1. I totally understand that! Being a military wife means being without my husband for months at a time. In fact, he has been gone for almost half our marriage. It's rough, but it is always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is sad. I am sorry!


    Stopping by from I love my post. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can.


    Julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husband and I were long distance for most of the four months before we got married. (It's weird, I know.) But...yeah, it's no fun. Skype was seriously the best thing ever. And I totally understand the excitement over seeing them again! It's just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! :( hope he gets better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did long-distance for a year. It really sucked. Then again when we were engaged...we were also pros at talking on the phone for hours. And guess what? We still are! Even though we are married and see each other every day. Basically it is an awesome skill! But enjoy Thanksgiving! Nothing quite like actually seeing each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long distance is the worst, but I actually do feel like it has made my relationship stronger. My fiancee and I are in our third year of long distance and it is the last one! So glad you get to see yours this weekend. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Long distance is the worst, I'm glad you get to spend the holiday together.
    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. I am so glad that I hopped over here and I am happy to be following you now. I am excited to see you plan your wedding and start living out your fairy tale!

    Have a good weekend!
    Jessie @ Life with the Larsons
    www.jessieandconor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. long distance, is a very tough patch to go through - i am super happy for you that you will see him soon for thanksgiving. fingers crossed about the mono.

    thank you for coming by my blog - following here too and i can't wait to see your adventures.

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling! Pretty tough but it makes your time together even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jess! Just letting you know I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can look at the details here: http://thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/i-won-liebster-award.html

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like this Thanksgiving will be absolutely wonderful!! I hope you and your fiance have a beautiful time together!! The photos are precious!
    Sending love
    Xox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!