Wednesday, November 28, 2012

breakfast at tiffany's, anyone?

On Saturday, my awesome future sisters-in-law Jessi and Chari, my future mother-in-law, and her sister all pitched in to throw me the most adorable bridal shower ever. I swear, I felt like I'd walked straight into Pinterest! It was amazing!

There are so many things I could tell you about... but here are the highlights:


  • Chocolate Mousse. Ohhhh man...
  • Yogurt Parfaits. In these cute vases with little mini spoons. I almost died from all of the cuteness.
  • My wedding colors. Everywhere!
  • Dressing up like Audrey Hepburn. Maybe one day I'll be as glamorous as her.
  • Meeting lots of ladies who have known Fiance since he was a kid. Fun, fun stories. :)
  • Mini quiches! Those are seriously my favorite ever. I'm trying to convince my mother that we need them at the reception. NEED.
  • Jessi and Chari's adorable babies taking turns letting me hold them. I seriously can't get over this new I-get-to-be-an-aunt-and-have-actual-nieces-and-nephews thing that comes along with marrying Fiance. I love it!
  • Lots of fun gifts from all of these women who literally met me at the shower! I felt so spoiled...
  • Little chocolate cupcakes. With blue frosting. And little sugar pearls on top. I think I ate thirty, and I am not ashamed.


It was so much fun. I love Fiance's family so much. They have been so wonderful about making me feel welcome into the clan.

So, without further ado, here are some pictures from the shower (taken by Chari).










And here's one with me and the two lovely ladies I get to call my sisters-in-law in just a few short months! (Missing the other two sisters-in-law that were out of state... hopefully we'll be able to get a picture of all five of us together one day soon!)



But bridal showers can be tiring business. Just ask my adorable almost-niece, Nora.



Have you been to any fun bridal showers?
Isn't Nora the cutest?
Do you love sugar pearls as much as I do?

6 comments:

  1. bridal showers are the best! seriously love them.
    and when i got married i acquired 10 nieces and nephews, i had zero before. so now its like totally awesome.

    oh also, i helped host an awesome bridal shower for my sister, seen here: http://kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com/2012/07/bridal-shower-fun.html
    it was pretty awesome

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!! You look lovely with the Audrey Hepburn gloves haha. I was lucky enough to gain a neice and nephew when I got married too!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the Audrey Hepburn gloves. What a brilliant idea! Congrats on the engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bridal shower looked amazing. The food especially looks delicious! It is so fun to get more nieces and nephews. They are the best and so much fun to spoil. Congratulations on the engagement.

    Emily
    www.ohsweetgoodness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a super cute bridal shower! Your family did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bridal showers. Even when your friends give you condoms and lube and you open it in front of your mom and you basically mom. And you get all kinds of lingerie and your mom is laughing and having a ball and that's kind of awkward too. Hahaha but seriously love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!