Saturday, October 27, 2012

one of the happiest moments of my life

After a week of having no appetite. After days of not being able to even keep water down. After the anti-nausea meds the doctor prescribed didn't help at all...

Tonight, Boyfriend looked at me and said, "Food sounds good."

First, I was shocked. "What?"

"Food. It sounds good right now."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I want to eat something."

In that moment, I knew what sheer joy felt like.

"What do you want to eat?" I was almost bouncing, I was so giddy. "What sounds good?"

He thought for a minute and then said, "Panda Express."

Which I thought was a weird first-thing-to-eat-after-four-days-of-puking, but when Boyfriend's stomach finally allows him to eat something, you give it what it wants. So I ran to Panda, picked out Boyfriend's favorites, and watched him eat it.

So much happy right now. Boyfriend ate food. And he didn't throw it back up later. And he's sleeping soundly for the first time in a week.

He's still weak, he's still very sick, he's still exhausted, and he still can't eat very much (he only managed to eat maybe a quarter of the food I brought him), but the point is... he ate.

He's getting better. Relief has never felt so good.

Nothing like a little mono to show you how much you love someone, right? :)

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes no food is a good thing ... helps his body to recover faster ... as the body doesnt have to waste energy on digesting food ... dont worry he'll be well soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww cute! It's like a role reversed pregnancy like thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully he feels better :D

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always better when their appetite returns and they can actually eat something. It a good sign. I am following you now and look forward to more encouraging posts.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-version-of-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope he gets feeling better! wow mono isn't fun to have i'm sure. you're a great girlfriend for taking care of him :)

    andrea brionne
    @HIM+HER

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!