Monday, October 15, 2012

hey look, guys! i got nominated for something. TWICE!



Clicking around on my blog today I found two lovely comments from two even lovelier bloggers. They had nominated me for the Liebster award... (insert really eloquent speech here, complete with funny stories about my childhood and a long list of people who've influenced me [including Spongebob Squarepants]).

What is the Liebster Award, you ask? (And if you didn't ask, please just humor me for a sec)

I know, I know!
A Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, sweetest, cutest. The award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Okay, okay, I admit. I cheated. I just copied and pasted that from the description on the blogs that nominated me. Don't judge.

So, like everything else awesome in this world, the Liebster award has rules:

  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
  • Answer the questions the nominator asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  • Go to their page and tell them.
  • No tag-backs.

11 things about me, huh? Well... if you've been following my blog for very long, you've gotten your fair dosage of "things about me" with the 10 Day YOU Challenge... so, lucky you! You get to read more! (Cheering and applause all around!)

1-I am female.
2-I am not male.
3-My name is not Amanda.
4-It is also not Conrad Birdie.
5-I'm super great at breathing. (I've got that one down, guys, so if you ever need pointers, you can definitely hit me up.)
6-I have a blog. You are on it right now. (That could even count as a fact about YOU--I'm that good!)
7-I speak English sometimes. Mostly I speak gibberish.
8-I like sugar.
9-A lot.
10-Boyfriend is my boyfriend.
11-All of the above is true.

Gosh, it feels so good to get all of that off my chest! Now you guys really know me.

So, since I was nominated for two, that means I have 22 questions to answer. 22! That's one question for each year I've been alive! (Hopefully it doesn't take that long to answer them...)

Here goes nothing!



leslie's questions:

What is the best gift you ever received?
The gift of life. Beat that!

What is on your DVR right now?
I don't have a DVR. Woe is me. Who wants to buy me one?!


What is your favorite place to vacation?
My bed. I'm not kidding. It is a vacation, and if you argue with me, I will plug my ears and sing the ABC's until you stop. Don't say I didn't warn you.


What is your favorite accessory?
Boyfriend. I take him with me everywhere I go, and he's super duper cute! (say that with a lisp)


What is your most embarrassing moment?
So there was this one time that I was using the restroom. I was about 473.2% sure I had locked the door, but I guess that 473.2% wasn't quite a high enough percentage of sure-ness because some lady walked right in on me. And I was embarrassed, but I think the lady was even more embarrassed than I was. ha. oh well. At least she wasn't a guy. Count your blessings, right?


If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
In a super duper huge mansion. So I could play epic games of hide-and-seek (because, let's be real, I never grew up).


What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have lots of pet peeves... but the absolute worst is when teachers (or people in general) lick their fingers before they rifle through papers to pass to me. That's your spit on my paper, people!


Who is your favorite author?
The guy who writes Calvin and Hobbes. I don't know his name. Give me a sec to google it... Bill Watterson. That guy is my idol. I want my best friend to be a tiger.


If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? (And more wishes is not an option!)
That I could whistle. 

That I had depth perception so I could be awesome at sports. And driving. And walking.
That I could have a lifetime supply of Oreos. It's the little things, right?

What are the five most played songs on your iPod?
That is my own personal beeswax (but they may or may not all be OneDirection songs...)


What is the best lesson on life you have learned so far?
My dad said yesterday that being courageous isn't just doing hard things; it's doing hard things even when it's scary.




tessa's questions

Why did you start blogging?
The first time it was because someone once said that if I wanted to get published, I should blog. This time it's because I just wanted to. For fun.


What is your favorite post you've written?
Honestly? Probably my zombies are the scariest things in the history of ever and I hate them because they are scary! post. (That is not its title--but it should have been.) I don't know why I like this post. I just do.


What is your favorite article of clothing you own?
Sweatpants. I swear they were made by the hand of God Himself.


What's your favorite band?
Rubber.


What kind of posts do you enjoy reading from other bloggers?
The ones with pictures of food on them. I don't need any good reasons for this.


What's your favorite liquid?
Milk. I go through a gallon and a half per week all by myself. Please don't think I'm gross.


Who is your favorite celebrity?
Hobbes.


Which blog is your very favorite to read?
I love kierstin writes because she's hilarious. And also a successful author. Reading her blog always gives me hope that maybe my books will be published one day.


What's your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
Sleep way too much. Eat way too much. Cuddle with Boyfriend on his LoveSac. I have an exciting life.


What movie have you seen recently that you liked?
Boyfriend and I watched "Man on a Ledge." Not the awesome-est movie ever, but I really liked it!


What's the first thing that you do when you wake up?
Hate the world.



So I guess now I get to nominate 11 other blogs. Yay! Here they are:

Chelsea @ Elegance by Chelsea
Syd @ Just Two in Love
Jo Lane @ Loving Life in the Fab Lane
Melissa @ Melissa, Maybe
Heidi @ Mustache Mama
Autumn @ Busy Bee
Krystenn @ Ever Sincerely
Sabz @ The Eclectic Grab Bag
Jeannie Leigh @ One Wish Short of Paradise
Lauren @ One of Five
She @ She May Be the Song that Summer Sings


questions of awesomesauce for my nominees:

1-Bacon or sausage?
2-Hot chocolate or hot apple cider?
3-Easter or Halloween?
4-Hamburgers or hot dogs?
5-Cake or pie?
6-Diamonds or pearls?
7-Sunrise or sunset?
8-Beach or mountains?
9-Pancakes or waffles?
10-Peeta or Gale?
11-Winter or summer?

11 comments:

  1. thanks for the award :)
    i just got nominated this weekend as well.
    i'm going to answer your questions on my blog tonight.
    thanks again,
    so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha that made me LOL and i don't normally say LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the peta or gale question. youre adorable and i think we are like twins or somethin because we had a lot in common! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the blog hop! Would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! I love the facts about you, I was laughing so hard reading them!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to stop by and say Thank You for linking up with BreAnna, Autumn, & myself with our GFC blog hop!! We greatly appreciate it!! Hope to see you next Monday!!
    Heidi
    www.mustachemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the awards!
    Also thank you for linking up at the Friday Chaos hop.
    It will not allow me to follow at the moment but I will make sure I pop back.
    Kerry
    www.ohsoamelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It's a right - you are pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh i won this back in May but it's changed a little since ... really more fun now !

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jessica, great post! I thought you were funny. I am need of some funny on my blog. Just like you, I'm a huge fan of sleep. When I get up I try to be positive, which doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! I hope I get nominated some time:)
    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!