Friday, October 19, 2012

day one: i miss my missionary brother...



1This is a picture of me, my little sister, and my brother the day he was set apart as a missionary for our church. He left the next day for the Missionary Training Center and then three months later set off for Russia to serve the Lord and spread the gospel. He's been there for 16 months now, and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I can't wait to see him again when his two years are up, but I am so incredibly proud of him for all of the hard work that he is doing.



My brother is 6'4''. I can tell that's what you were all wondering. And yes, he was a basketball player in high school. And yes, he's single, so once he gets off his mission I can set all of you single 20-somethings up with him. :) Don't worry, ladies, I've got your backs.


What are some of your favorite photos?
Don't you love my brother's yellow tie?
Do you know anyone who's been on a mission?


8 comments:

  1. I've got a brother serving in Honduras right now. I miss that kid so much. He is my bestest friend. Together, we know all the lyrics to "How Does She Know" from Enchanted, as well as all the Silly Songs with Larry from Veggie Tales. We are just that awesome. Russia is REALLY far away though! That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's awesome about your brother! It sounds like you two have a great relationship. Yeah, Russia is really far away, but we get to skype with him on Christmas and Mother's Day instead of just phone calls, so it doesn't feel so far... :)

      Delete
  2. you have a lovely family. my younger brother is tall too. i'm the shortest in my family :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah I'm probably going to end up the shortest in my family too... my little sister is quickly catching up to my height and I'm sure she'll pass me one day. Yay for being short!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, I like the personal touch to them, it's so much more interesting to read and you feel you can get to know the person better. You have a beautiful family! X

    daisiemaez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! You just made my day. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jessica! I'm glad you found me so I could find you too lol! You, your brother and sister make a cute little family :)

    Thanks for the follow, I'm now your newest GFC follower :)
    Have a great weekend!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following back! I appreciate it! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!