Sunday, October 14, 2012

day four: my ultimate weakness



4After by Amy Efaw. I loved loved loved this book. It blew my mind. Made me think about the world in a whole new light. Caused me to rethink every judgment I'd ever passed on any other person.



3The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Tough to get myself to read because a story about the war-torn Middle East didn't sound appealing to me at all, but I'm glad I finally picked it up. It kept me reading all night long. Made me cry. Made me want to change the world. Took me deep into the emotional recesses of one man's heart. I adore this book.


2Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Another book that totally tugged at my heartstrings and made me rethink my perception of the world. It made me think back to all of the people I wrongly judged back in my high school years, made me wonder what their stories must have truly been. The language the author uses and the way she writes is beautiful. Read this book.


1Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. This book is my all-time favorite girly book. I read it in middle school and fell in love with it--more than a decade later, and I still love it. I'll probably love it til the day I die. Don't watch the movie. Read the book. You'll thank me later.


What are your favorite books?
Have you read and fallen in love with Ella Enchanted?
What's your ultimate weakness?

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list. I'm partial to the classics but love to step out from behind classic lit. I have read Ella Enchanted. I watched the movie and believe the book was superior to its movie counter-part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl!! i also love your blog!! so cute:) i love this 10days challenge. did you make it up??!!
    new follower!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't make it up... just saw it on a bunch of other blogs and thought it would be fun! Feel free to steal the idea if you like. :) Thanks for following!

      Delete
    2. im totally gonna do it! thanks girl

      Delete
  3. I loved The Kite Runner. I have Speak on order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes on Speak, Yes on Ella Enchanted. LOVE those ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya! new follower from the GFC Collective! :)
    http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choices. Although I've never heard of After, I'll have to check it out. Looks interesting. What a cool and fun challenge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to look into "Speak" and "After"! I have been looking for a good book to read!! Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check out the details here!!

    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much! I'll do my post about it later today. I'm so flattered. :) And yeah, for sure check those books out--they're Young Adult, but I adore them.

      Delete
  8. So...looks like Leslie nominated you for the Liebster Award too haha I just love following you these days. Your blog makes me happy! You can just do hers because that might be a little weird, don't know how to do 2! But here's the link to mine! http://funsizetessa.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha wow thanks! Geez, you guys just made my day! Yeah, I'll just do a post to cover both nominations, and I'll post it later tonight so you can come back and check it out! :) I'm off to read your post!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh I love love love Ella Enchanted. It is my most-read book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cried and cried when i read The Kite Runner!
    man, that book's awesome. i read Ella Enchanted when I was in high school. i love it because Ella was pictured as a strong figure. not just some weak princess waiting to be rescued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!