Tuesday, October 9, 2012

day eight: sequel to the zombie post...



8Cars. I never have gotten over the anxiety. Doesn't matter if I'm driving or if I'm a passenger, if it's day or if it's night. It all started that horrible night with a horrible accident when my brother, friend, and I cheated death on a Texas back road. Read the story HERE.

7Airplane turbulence. The jolts trigger the adrenaline rushes I felt during that car accident. It's terrifying.

6Zombies, ghosts, demons, possessed nuns, mummies, phantoms, skeletons, witches... Halloween is definitely not my forte, apparently.

5Big decisions. I just can't make them. Shoot, I can't even make little decisions. I can't handle the pressure!

4Bugs. All of them. Spiders, cockroaches, beetles... Ladybugs, roly poly bugs, butterflies... I don't discriminate.

3Going out after dark alone. I just can't do it. Not since that one time in Paris... (You can read the story HERE.)

2Heights. You know that feeling you get at the top of really high things when you're terrified that your body is going to act of its own accord and throw itself off that high thing without your permission? Gosh, I hate that feeling. Therefore I stay away from high things.

1Waking up 100 lbs heavier. I don't know why this is a legitimate fear, but this terrifying scene plays out in my head sometimes where I wake up suddenly fat and I can't find clothes to wear and nobody recognizes me and I can't run half marathons anymore and I have to go on a diet and... Gosh. I'm sweating just thinking about it.


What are your biggest fears?
Do you ever get that horrible feeling at the top of really high things?
Have you ever woken up 100 lbs heavier?

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower. Love this challenge idea... so cute! Oh, and I'm also terrified of waking up 100 pounds heavier... you're not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with airplanes, totally freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica! I struggle with weight so waking up 100 pounds heavier would terrify me. I'm also scared of bugs, was tramatized by a car accident, and not a big fan of halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going out alone after dark scares me too. Just kind of shivery out there alone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I feel like I'm too high off the ground, then I start to panic a little. (See also, I can't sit by the window on a plane. Ha!)

    And the spiders and bugs? GROSS. I LOATHE them!!

    Newest follower from the blog hop!

    Stop by if you can!

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Returning the follow! Thanks for stopping by. I actually kinda did wake up 100lbs heavier. I got really sick and they didn't know what was going on so they put me on this medication and I gained over 80lbs in about four months, which is practically overnight. It's been a struggle to get the weight off and deal with all the health problems on top of the weight. You can read about it if you want :) http://kitchen-garden-love.blogspot.com/2012/04/sick-and-tired-of-being-sick-and-tired.html and http://kitchen-garden-love.blogspot.com/2012/04/sick-and-tired-of-being-sick-and-tired_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I love that last one!!! I have a legitimate fear of bath tub drains...I am always positive a giant spider or something is going to pop out at me! Crazy I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for your kind words! Happy to come here and read your fun and wonderful posts. You made me laugh and smile!! Spiders scare the crap out of me...walked into find a huge one on our steps the other night. I squealed and screamed at the top of my lungs! :)
    Looking forward to following!
    Happy weekend!
    Xo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha this pleased me. I have the fear often that my body will jump off or when I'm on the back of my husbands motorcycle when he's going too fast that I'll let go and other irrational thoughts like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!