Tuesday, October 23, 2012

a list of super-extra fun things to do when you are sick.

1Make sure Boyfriend gets sick, too. Being sick by yourself is way more lame. Plus also, being sick builds character, so really you're doing Boyfriend a favor.

2Be gross. Being clean and healthy is so overrated. It is much cooler and hip to cough all the time and sniff incessantly. It is also especially cool to be feverish enough that you sweat through all of your clothes. Take it from me, people love all that stuff.

3Used-tissue towers are the newest form of really high-end modern art. The best place for said towers is on the living room floor where all of your roommates can admire your artistic genius.

4Make sure to miss lots of school. Being behind on homework and not understanding anything that's going on in class is wayyyy more fun than being all caught up and boring.

5Call in sick for work. Employers adore when their employees keep them on their toes. Nobody likes a dependable employee.

6Drink ALL the Nyquil!!!!!

7Never change out of your pajamas. The grungy, lazy look is the new sleek and chic.

8Call your mother eight times a day to complain about stuff. I assure you, she'll appreciate knowing all of the details of your sinus activities.

9Don't go to Smith's for Tylenol. They don't carry it, and they want to play this fun game called "Make You Wander Up and Down ALL of the Aisles in the Store Looking for Something You Should Just Go to Macey's to Find Because Smith's is in a Time Warp where Tylenol Stops Existing." Which is a really fun game... but just go to Macey's.

10Just make sure to not die. Get close, but not all the way. Living life on the edge is the ideal.

***For the record, I'm not encouraging anybody to overdose on Nyquil. Follow the super easy-to-find-after-20-minutes-of-searching directions on the bottle. Mmkay thanks. :)




What do you like to do when you're sick?
How do I help Boyfriend get rid of his fever (because his sick is actually worse than mine and I'm a horrible person...)?
Who wants a "What I Wore" post for the past week? (Let me give you a hint... Number 7!)

13 comments:

  1. bahaha. all the points are dully noted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your sick! I hope you feel better soon. This post was super funny though I do a lot of those same things when I'm sick too. Especially the complaining to mom part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE being sick. Especially that lingering, awful cold kind of sick. Good luck and get better. Make Boyfriend drink a TON of fluids (not just water, but something with electrolytes in it). I always like to take my "sick time" to watch as many movies/tv shows as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a bummer that you're sick but at least you're still a great blogger in the midst of it all! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be sure not to die" is a good one. I usually curl up in a pathetic disgusting ball and stay there until I'm able to function in society. And drink ALL the tea and soup.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baha, this is hilarious. Is it OK to do some of these things even when you aren't sick? Like not changing out of pajamas?? Otherwise---wooops, missed the memo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You forgot "Don't take a shower while sick, it will only make you feel better and you don't want that." hehe And I'm PRETTY sure that men have lower pain tolerances and are pretty much wimps, so I bet your boyfriend isn't as sick as he says he is... ;)

    Hope you get better soon! Being sick sucks. And you never appreciate being healthy until you're not (at least I'm guilty of that).

    Thanks so much for linking up again with the GFC Collective! I hope you met some new buddies this time around :)
    Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica! Found you through the Followers to Friends blog hop and I really like your blog! This post was hilarious, and after reading more on your blog I see we have a bit in common (I just finished a degree in English, and I've spent some time in Paris because my husband is French)!! Following you now, feel free to stop by my blog and say hello too!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 
    deborah lippmann/fresh giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! Those all sound like fantastic things to do when you are sick! I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad you found me through the Weekend Blog Walk!! :)

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i am calling the cops about your nyquill addiction!! jk.
    P.S.
    I nominated you for a Liebster award!! Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! These are great! My favorite is the tissue towers. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha I’ll definitely refer to this post when I get sick! I love the tissue tower idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post... I'll definitely keep these in mind! Your blog is great! This was my first time here and it definitely won't be my last! I'm your newest follower on GFC! I'd love it if you'd follow me back :)

    www.allthingskma.com

    xo

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I love your comments, and try my best to respond to every one!